Natural Lice Treatment Products
This entry was posted on August 10, 2015 by admin
Head lice is a year-round problem in the United States. The beginning of the school year in the fall is when the numbers of those affected peak. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it is estimated that between 6 and 12 million cases of head lice infestation occur each year within the United States. It easily spreads from child to child as they play in large groups and closely together. Treatment must begin immediately to get rid of lice and nits.
What are Head Lice?
Lice are grayish-white in color and are the same size of a sesame seed. The adult lice attach themselves to the skin on the scalp and feed on blood. Female adult lice lay eggs, also known as nits, and use a sticky substance they produce to attach their eggs to the hair.
How to Check for Head Lice
- Part your child’s hair into several sections
- Use a bright flashlight or light to see clearly
- Use a magnified glass
- Search for nits since they remain attach in one place on the hair strands
- Search for lice, however this may be difficult since they move quickly
Preventing Head Lice
- Teach your children not to share personal items such as headphones, hats, brushes, combs, towels, scarves and hair ties
- Teach children to avoid head-to-head contact while playing with friends
- Avoid lying on pillows, couches, carpets and beds where an infected person has just placed their head
- Soak infected hair brushes and combs in hot water that is 130°F
- Clean items that have been used or in contact with the head of the infected person 48 hours before treatment began
- Wash and dry bed linens, clothing and other items that the infected person has used
- Vacuum carpet, rugs and furniture within the home where the infected person places their head
- Search family members for lice every week for two weeks after infestation has occurred
Head Lice Diagnosis
If you are not sure your child has lice, visit your primary physician for confirmation. The doctor will determine if your child has lice and advise you on the necessary steps to take to get rid of lice and nits. Once your child has been diagnosed with head lice you need to contact anyone who has been in contact with your child within the past six to ten weeks. Sending a quick email or text message to the parents of your child’s friends is suitable for warning purposes.
Head Lice Treatment
There are plenty of over-the-counter head lice treatments as well as head lice home remedies that many parents use. It is your choice how you would like to proceed with lice treatment. It is important to choose the option, stick with it and begin treatment immediately upon finding out your child has head lice.
- Popular Over-the-Counter Lice Treatment Options – These options are the ones you find on the shelves of your local drug store or online. You may even recognize some because it was the same treatment your parents used when you were a child. While these popular options have a history of working, there is a problem arising due to the lice actually becoming immune to the treatment. In addition, some of these treatment options contain harsh chemicals that are being absorbed into your child’s blood stream once it touches his or her scalp
- Head Lice Home Remedies – Some parents like to avoid using harsh chemical treatments to get rid of lice so they choose home remedies. While some of these remedies help and may even kill up to 50% of the lice and nits, you still may need to follow up with other options to assure the lice and nits have been completely removed from your child’s hair.
- Natural Lice Treatments – This option is becoming increasingly popular. Since parents are concerned about the amount of chemicals in the popular over-the-counter lice treatments and the head lice home remedies may only work on part of the problem, natural lice treatments are the best of both worlds.
Natural lice treatment such as ClearLice is a natural lice treatment system that is void of pesticides, harsh chemicals and poisons. Children and parents enjoy the delightful peppermint scent and it is the go-to method when others have failed. Save yourself time and stress by using ClearLice as your main treatment to get rid of lice.
This essential head lice treatment offers lice treatment shampoo, conditioner enzyme laundry additive and household spray. You can choose to purchase the items separately or in a treatment kit for your convenience. Visit ClearLice.com for further details.
Don’t Blame Yourself for Head Lice
As soon as parents find out their child has head lice they tend to blame themselves or think that it has something to do with hygiene. Don’t worry, it has nothing to do with personal hygiene. Lice are happy to infest any human scalp and hair strands. It is something that spreads easy by head-to-head contact or by sharing items that have been worn by someone who was infected by lice. Remember not to panic and take action quickly by using a natural lice treatment to get rid of lice and nits.